PDA

Zobacz pełną wersję : Joomla 1.7 w lipcu 2011?

GrzesiekP
05-02-2011, 21:01
Dostałem maila z supportu K2 przed chwilą:

Dear K2 member,

I'd like to take a moment and ask for your help in a very important matter regarding K2...

There is a confusion within the Joomla! Community about the suggested life cycle of new Joomla! versions, and more specifically the limited time until Joomla! 1.6 will be supported (just until July 2011). Joomla! 1.5 on the other hand is considered a pretty stable release (admittedly) and is therefore considered a "long term support" release. Which means supports for Joomla! 1.5 ends in April 2012.

Being confused myself and considering the vast changes in the Joomla! 1.6 codebase (compared to 1.5), I openly expressed my personal opinion on K2 and Joomla! 1.6 in a recent blog post: http://blog.joomlaworks.gr/why-were-not-porting-k2-to-joomla-16-the-life

Basically my blog post boils down to the fact that a) 1.6 does not bring much to the end-user (except from ACL of course) and b) it's got a short life span (just 6 months). Seeing the vast code changes between Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6 already, I feared the same would easily occur with the transition from 1.6 to 1.7. You see, K2 is using 100% the Joomla! framework unlike many other "big" extensions. So big changes to the Joomla! framework translate to significant additional workload for the K2 team, aside regular updates. Many "key" people in the Joomla! community consider version 1.6 to be a transitional release and that 1.7 will be more "rock solid", as Joomla! 1.5 has proven to be the fast few years.

Many users reacted to my views on K2 and Joomla! 1.6, so I'd like to ask your input as well (as a K2 Community member), if you can spare a minute...

"As an existing K2 user, how soon do you plan to upgrade to Joomla! 1.6 (and why)?"

Please cast your vote here: http://community.getk2.org/#pollFor16

I chciałbym się dowiedzieć czy to prawda? Oczywiście o 1.7 nie ma tu słowa, ale skoro support J! 1.6 ma się skończyć w lipcu 2011, no to podejrzewam wejście 1.7 :P

zwiastun
05-02-2011, 22:23
A mógłbyś z łaski swojej przynajmniej przeglądać inne aktualne wątki?

moje
06-02-2011, 01:16
Osoba, która czyta innojęzyczne serwisy o Joomla, wie, że powstaje Joomla 1.7, która z pierwotnego założenia ma ukazać się rok po wydaniu pierwszej stabilnej wersji Joomla 1.6, a zmiany maja dotyczyć przede wszystkim wyglądu i działania zaplecza.

Nie chce tutaj wprowadzać ludzi w błąd ale mniej więcej od pół roku o tym widmo (jak nie dłużej).

mjmartino
07-02-2011, 10:29
Przynajmniej do 1.8 cyclelife jest ustalone na 6 miesięcy między 1.6 a 1.7 i 1.8 maja być update (ale tego nigdy pewnym nie można być)

MeganMala
08-02-2011, 17:19
Hurra!!! Dzieki za info. Czekam niecierpliwie :)

kurtz
08-02-2011, 17:23
Hurra!!! Dzieki za info. Czekam niecierpliwie :)

a z j .22 poradziłaś już sobie ? chociażby umiejętność dodania nowej pozycji menu albo artykułu ?